Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cream Eyeshadows, Glitter and Eyeliner.

 This is the overall view of the drawer. The Black organizer that has eyeliners, glitter, and makeup sponges in it is from the dollar store. The purple container that's holding cream eyeshadow is the velvet box that the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette came in.
In the back right corner I have random samples that I have gotten from Sephora. I also have perfume samples in there too. I tend not to actually use these because most of them are skincare and you can't really get an idea of how a skincare product is going to work after one use. So they just sit back here and accumulate.
 This purple container holds all of my cream/stick eyeshadows. I will show each of them individually below. This is just an overview of how I store them. You can get an idea of which ones I use the most by the ones that are on top. I store them upside down because it prevents them from drying out.
 This is just another overall picture. The product on the top (which is not pictured below because I haven't opened it yet) is the Laura Mercier Eye Basics in the color Wheat. This is just an eyeshadow primer that I absolutely love, but I'm not going to open until I use up the rest of my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I couldn't get the rest of my Urban Decay Primer Potion out of the bottle, so I put it in a Sephora sample container (second product from the right, on the bottom row). I got an insane amount of product out of the jar and I have still been using it for about a year since I depotted it and I still have a little bit more than half of it left.
 This is the Tarte emphasEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow in Shimmering Moss. I absolutely love this color. I have brownish green eyes, so I love wearing green eyeshadow to bring out the green in my eyes. I would consider this a dark olive green color. It also has gold shimmers in it. This product can also be used as a gel eyeliner, which I tend to use it for the most. It stays put all night long.
 This is the Mary Kay cream eyeshadow in Blonde. I used to use this every day until I started getting more makeup, it started getting used less and less. I typically use it now for an inner corner highlight on my eyes, because I find that when I just use powder eyeshadow, it doesn't last. This product is long wearing and I can rub my eyes and it still stays put for the most part. I've had this for about three years and it's just now starting to dry out around the edges.
 This is the MAC Metal-X cream shadow in Gilded Ash. These shadows tend to get terrible reviews because they crease even with an eyeshadow primer on. I don't find that's the case when I wear this shadow. I typically set it with a powder eyeshadow and it stays just fine. I would consider this color a dark bronze color and it is great for doing a smokey eye. It's also dark enough to use as an eyeliner on more natural makeup days.
 This is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. This color is amazing for every day. It kind of looks like an extremely toned down smokey eye. I find that I don't need to use an eyeshadow primer under this and it stays perfectly and doesn't crease. This color probably won't look good on super warm skin tones so beware. This is the only color tattoo that appealed to me when I saw them and I'm extremely happy with the color. Besides the one matte taupe color in the Naked 2 palette, I don't have anything like this in my collection and that's a pretty big deal.
 This product is the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #13. This is your typical champagne-pink color that can be found almost anywhere. If you're looking to splurge, this color can also be used as a cheek highlighter. This product stays amazingly and you can't really tell in the picture, but there's a pretty significant dip in the center that's getting pretty close to the bottom. For me to use up that much of a product is a pretty big deal, seeing as I have so much makeup and I rarely ever wear makeup these days. Side note: if you're looking to purchase one of the blush colored ones, I would advise not to because these products set very quickly and they are hard to work with in larger areas. I purchased a blush colored one and ended up swapping it on Makeupalley.com because I couldn't make it work.
 This is the Mac Paint Pot in Painterly. This product gets a lot of hype on the internet so I thought that I would try it out. This product is similar to the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Laura Mercier Eye Basics in the sense that it primes your eye for eyeshadow. This product, like the Laura Mercier, has some color to it, so it covers up any veins or redness on your eyelids. This one is more pink toned and there is another pale shade called Soft Ochre. There are also some shimmery colors and some darker colors. This product would look a little weird, in my opinion, on anyone who didn't have this color skin tone. I tend to prefer to use the Urban Decay Primer Potion or the Laura Mercier Eye Basics because they aren't as dry as the Paint Pots. I notice that the paint pot can clump up on any dry areas of skin that you may have.
 
 This is just an overview of my stick eyeshadows. I have some mini Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadows from a holiday set last year, I have two full size UD 24/7 Eyeshadows, I have two NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, and I have a Mary Kay Jumbo Eye Pencil. I really like the stick cream shadows, but I find that they need to be set with an eyeshadow, or they don't stay, even with a primer. Even the UD ones which claim to be long wearing, don't stay all day without being set with a shadow. And if you have a shadow that's similar enough to pair on top of the shade of the UD shadow, what's the point of even using the UD shadow?
 In the front of my black organizer is glitters and an eyeliner.
 The glitter on the left is a MAC holiday set glitter in Reflects Bronze (the photo doesn't do it justice, it's much prettier in person). The glitter in the center is a NYX glitter in Disco Ball. The glitter on the right is a Wet-n-Wild Glitter in Lavender. I don't really use glitter very often, except on special occasions.
 Also in the section where I keep the glitters is a Laura Mercier Cake Eyelier in Black Ebony. I use MAC Fix+, spray an eyeliner brush and this eyeliner goes on so easy and it's so black. You can see how black it is in the picture below. This is basically a gel eyeliner that isn't in a pot.
 This is an overview of all the eyeliners that I have, and how they are typically stored.
 This is the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L, the blackest color. I like this eyeliner, but I find that you have to go over it a couple times to really get it to be jet black. This is supposed to be waterproof, but when I put it on my waterline, I still have to set it with a black eyeshadow so that it doesn't run. I have another eyeliner (shown below) from Maybelline that I like much more than this.
 This is my all time favorite eyeliner ever. This is the Buxom Insider Eyeliner in the color Chocolate Citrine. This is the perfect every day eyeliner. It's dark enough to give some definition on the upper and lower lashlines, but isn't as harsh as black. I tend not to use black eyeliner unless I'm going out. I've had this eyeliner for about a year and I'm almost finished with it. To finish any makeup product is a big deal for me. I will definitely be purchasing another when I run out.
 This is the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Graphite Shimmer Ink. Because I don't like to use black eyeliner on a daily basis, this eyeliner is perfect because it's a cool, dark grey with some multicolored shimmers in it, so it's not too harsh on my pale skin. I have had this product for over two years and it's not drying out at all. Since this picture was taken, I have hit the bottom of the jar. Like I've been saying, it's a big deal for me to hit the bottom of a jar on a makeup product. I also can use this color to line my waterline and it won't budge.
 This is my collection of Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners. I have the dual eyeliner from the original Naked palette, which I absolutely love for traveling, I have a shimmery medium brown one called Bourbon, a dark green with gold glitter called Stash. And a dark brown (not as dark as the buxom eyeliner) called Corrupt. Corrupt is just a mini from one of the holiday sets. I'm starting to get pretty close to finishing Bourbon. I go through phases where I like pencil eyeliners and then I don't like pencil eyeliners so it's been pretty difficult for me to finish these. I do love them because they last forever.
 This is an overview of my Maybelline eyeliners. I have two plain eyestudio liners in a shimmery teal and a navy blue. The black eyeliner is the Maybelline Unstoppable liner in Onyx. This is honestly the darkest black eyeliner that I've ever seen and it's relatively cheap, so I'm super impressed with it. I still have to set it with a black eyeshadow when I wear it on my waterline, but only because I don't want to take any chances of it running down my face. This is my favorite eyeliner to put on my waterline. I've had this for a while and I rediscovered it in my collection last year. I'm not 100% sure that Maybelline still sells this, but you could probably find it on amazon.com.
And lastly, I have two Stila Kajal eyeliners. One is in Topaz, which is a nude color that I use on my waterline to help me look more awake and to make the whites of my eyes look whiter. I usually forget to put this on because it's such a minor detail. Probably a waste of money in my opinion. The other one that I have is a dark, matte green in Emerald. I love this color on the waterline. In my opinion, these are a little tricky to work with on the upper lash line, since they are so creamy.