Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Palette - Greens

This is a relatively new palette from Hard Candy cosmetics, which is only available at Wal-Mart. Hard Candy was a brand sold at places like Sephora, Ulta, etc.. but they went bankrupt and are now a drugstore makeup brand. I typically like Hard Candy's products, and I loved the colors in this palette, so I decided to pick it up. The palette is called the Top Ten Eyeshadow Palette. They have a blue, green, neutral, purple/pink, and smokey palette. I opted for the green palette, because it also includes some neutral browns.

This palette retails for $6.00. So for 10 shades, you're paying a little bit more than a dollar for each shade, which is a great deal.

 I absolutely love the packaging of this palette. I love the prety lace on the front. The lace coordinates with the colors of the shadows inside of the palette.







Here's a look inside of the palette:
 The photo on top is with the flash on, so that you can see what colors have glitter in them. The only color that has glitter in it is the 5th shade in, the olive green shade. The photo on the bottom is without the flash, and shows more of the true color of the palette.

The palette is divided into four neutral/brown shades and six shades of green.
I love how versatile this palette is, because of the four brown/neutral shades included. You can do a brown smokey eye, and then add some green in the outer corner, or on the lower lash line. Or you can also do a complete green smokey eye, which I am very much a fan of.

If you have brown eyes, you might want to consider looking into this palette, because greens and blues tend to be the most flattering for brown eyes. Green, however, is a little bit easier to work with than blue. Sometimes blue eyeshadow can make you look like you're a lost pre-teen that's trying to experiment with makeup.

Here are some swatches of the color payoff that each shade gives off. I started from the left of the palette (the light champagne color).

 Because my skin is light, the first two colors don't show up on my skin too well. As you can see, the rest of the colors do. These shadows give off a great color payoff. They are a little bit chalky, but that's typical with almost every drugstore eyeshadow. I love the variety of the shades of green in this palette, you have sage, teal, olive, forest green, and a light olive color. It's perfect for someone who's trying to bring a little bit more color into their eye makeup. I did notice that the 5th shade, the shade with the sparkles, doesn't seem to have any of the sparkles transfer over out of the pan. This is a good thing in my opinion, but to each their own.

I definitely recommend checking these palettes out! No matter what shade you choose, if they're anything like this green palette, they're pretty good quality for drugstore eyeshadows!