Friday, November 30, 2012

My MAC Makeup Collection

MAC is such a popular makeup brand because it's pretty inexpensive for a higher end makeup brand. Because it's so popular, I thought that a lot of people would be interested in seeing what products I have from MAC and what I think about them. My MAC collection isn't super large because I don't personally think that MAC is as amazing as most people think. I don't have any blushes, foundations, concealers, eyeliners, mascaras, or bronzers from MAC. I believe that I just have lip gloss, lipstick and eyeliner. Here's a quick overview of it:


 This is the mineralized eyeshadow in Tectonic. It's a mix of light and dark olives, some gold and a little bit of brown. Below is it swatched on the back of my hand.
 This is Greensmoke eyeshadow. This eyeshadow is a lustre formula. It's a dark, smoky green with gold glitters. Below is a swatch of the color. It's not super pigmented, so I probably won't purchase it when I run out, but I have a cream eyeshadow that's the exact same color, so I like using this color to set that.

This is the Mega Metal Shadow in the color Dalliance. This is a super light sliver-y green. I love this color for an inner corner highlight for my green smoky eyes. Below is the color swatched.

 This a little bit of the Green Olive Pigment. I LOVE this color. As you can tell, I really love greens with a hint of gold in them. This color is amazing when it's used wet.

 This is the pigment in the color Violet. I rarely ever use this color anymore. It has a little bit of a blue reflect. I usually use this to add a pop of color to a neutral eye.

 This is the Cremesheen glass in the color On The Scene. I'm pretty sure this color was limited edition, but I can't remember. It's just a light, peachy pink.

 This is the Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass.
I don't think that this is online anymore, but some MAC stores might still have it. It's a blue based pink with no visible shimmers or glitters in it.

 This is the Dazzleglass in the color Bare Necessity. It's a nude tan color with pink sparkles. I wear this almost every time that I wear lipgloss. I'll definitely repurchase it when I run out, because I'm so close to running out.

 This is the Kissable Lipcolour in the color Woo Me. This was a limited edition color from last winter. It's a mauvey nude color. It's basically a little bit more brown than my natural lip color. It's not really kiss-proof in my opinion.





 This is the Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick. It's a light pink that has a cool tint. It's not bright enough to really be a statement lipstick.
 This is Fix+. It's supposed to be a setting spray, but I usually use it to wet (foil) pigments, or to apply my Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeliner. It's not super practical in my opinion.
 This is Handwritten Eyeshadow. It's a matte squared formula. It's a dark brown with a red tint.
 This is Carbon eyshadow. It's a matte formula. The sparkles that you can see in the picture are just fall out from other shadows. It's a super dark black.
 This is Swell Baby eyeshadow from the Surf Baby collection. I'm not sure what formula this is, but I would think that it's a satin. It's a light grey with bluish shimmers.
 This is Jardin Aires Pigment pressed. I had the individual pigment, but I found that I never used it, so I swapped it. It's a melon-nude color. It has pretty significantly sized glitters in it.















 This is the Mineralized Skinfinish in the color Soft and Gentle. It's a champagne color with a sheen.

 Here's swatches of the shadows and MSF above. From left to right the order is Soft and Gentle, Jardin Aires, Swell Baby, Carbon, Handwritten and Humid.

 This is Naked Pigment. It's a light neutral color with very minimal shimmer.









































This is the Mineralized eyeshadow in the color Play on Plums. I think this is from this years Holiday collection but I received in in a swap, so I'm not sure.

 This is the Sheen Supreme Lipstick in the color Tea Ceremony.


















 And finally, this is the Paint Pot in the Color Painterly, it's almost the exact same color as my skin tone, so it's good for covering my veins that show on my eyelid.