Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Super Easy DIY Christmas Tree Nails!

I always love getting into the holiday spirit by having Christmas themed nails! I did a Christmas tree and now I'm going to give you a step by step on how I did it!


Step 1: Apply a clear base coat. I personally like using Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Hardener.

 Step 2: Apply a light nude coat on your nails. I used Ciate's Cookies and Cream #058

Step 3: Using a Nail Dotter (a really cheap pack of 5 can be purchased on Amazon.com), mix a light green and a dark green together to get the effect of the dimensions in the tree. I think this looks better than a flat green color. Then just start at the top and make a triangle. Make little swipes under the triangle until you get to the bottom to get the effect of the branches.

 Step 4: For the star, I just took another, small nail dotter and a gold sequin polish. One by one, I took a sequin and placed it on top of the tree with the nail dotter. I think I put about 7 on to make it look proportional.

 Step 5: I took a glitter nail polish that has gold, red, and green glitters in it. The color that I used was OPI's Bring on the Bling. I again took a nail dotter to make the french tips. I thought that it looked too plain without the french tips.

 Step 6: I thought the tree looked a little bare, so using a nail dotter, I just put little red dots all over to make it look like there's ornaments on the tree.

Finally, add a top coat (I like Sephora by OPI's top coat) and you're done! I'm really happy with how this turned out!

I'll definitely be posting more holiday nail tutorials so comment below if you have any requests!