Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Makeup That I Took With Me To Travel.

If you follow me on twitter, you might know that I'm home from college for the Thanksgiving break. I usually travel with a lot of makeup, but this time I decided to take almost nothing to see if I could do it for future reference. Here's a look at what I took with me!

I'm trying to start wearing lipstick and lipgloss more, so I did go a little bit overboard with how many lipsticks and lipglosses I brought with me. Hopefully I can start training myself to remember to put lipstick on before I leave the house.
From left to right, these lipsticks are: Covergirl - Euphoria, MAC - Viva Glam Gaga 1, Maybelline - Red Revival, Revlon - Soft Nude, YSL Rouge Volupte #1-Nude Beige, Mac Dazzleglass - Bare Necessity, MAC Kissable Lip Color - Woo Me, and Stila - Raisin. 

I only brought two blushes. I brought the one that I wear 80% of the time and then I brought a matte blush in case my look was pretty sparkly and I needed to tone it down on the cheeks.
On the left is Mary Kay's Shy Blush (an exact dupe for NARS's Orgasm but way cheaper), the blush with shimmer and the blush that I wear the most. On the right is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface, the matte blush.

I brought three mascaras. One for a more subtle look, one waterproof mascara, and one mascara for if I want to do a more dramatic look.
On the left is Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, the mascara for a more dramatic look. In the center is my all time favorite mascara, Maybelline Colossal Volume, the waterproof mascara. And on the right is the Laura Mercier Full Blown Lash Mascara, the more natural mascara. The Full Blown Lash was very voluminous and dramatic when it was newer, but it's starting to dry out, so it's better for an every day look now.

I only brought one foundation, one concealer, and my under eye treatment.
I brought the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation because I wanted something that would look good in photos because it's likely that there's going to be plenty of photos taken on Thanksgiving. For concealer, I brought the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer because it's not drying at all and it adds to the luminous look that I like my face to have. And finally, I brought my under eye treatment that I wear every single day, the Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Rollerball. If I'm only going to wear one makeup product, it's definitely this rollerball.

I only brought three eyeshadows with me, because I figured that the only time that I would be wearing eyeshadow is on Thanksgiving day, so I didn't need to go overboard with an entire palette. I brought one duo, one single eyeshadow, and one cream eyeshadow.
On the left is the NARS eyeshadow duo in Kalahari. There's an amazing bronze color that can be used on the lid or in the crease, and a brown-burgundy color that's very appropriate for fall and isn't super red. In the center is the Mary Kay single eyeshadow in graphite. This color is very similar to MAC's Satin Taupe, but less red, which is more flattering for my skin tone. On the right is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. I brought this to wear as a quick swipe of color, or to wear under the Mary Kay shadow to give it more of a pop.

 Here are just some random products that I didn't know how to group, so I just put them together.
 In the top left is a mini NARS Laguna Bronzer. This is perfect for traveling because it's the same size as a NARS eyeshadow single. In the sample jar next to that is a sample is Make Up For Ever's HD primer. Next to that is a depotted Urban Decay Primer Potion. Next to that is a sample of the Korres Anti-Aging Primer. Below the samples is the Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in dark brown. Below the NARS Laguna is the Buxom Insider Eyeliner in Chocolate Citrine. In the bottom of the picture is a sample of the Smashbox Under Eye Primer.

 I accidentally forgot about these, so here's some random products.
 On the left is Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Graphite Shimmer Ink. I like this because it's not as harsh as black on my semi-pale skin. On the right is a sample of Make Up For Ever's HD Powder.


Feel free to comment and let me know what you usually take when you travel:)