Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Trending Now: Deep, Wine Colored Lips.

One of my favorite makeup trends right now is the super dark, vampy lips. I've been really into this trend this season and I've been searching for the perfect vampy, wine colored lipstick for my semi-pale skin. I was searching in the drugstore the other day and I found the PERFECT color for my skin tone. The typical foundation colors that I wear are a B10 or a BR10 in Chanel, MAC NC15, or Revlon Colorstay 150, Buff. So I'm usually a step or two above the lightest color.

The shade that I found was Covergirl Lipperfection in the color Euphoria. It has the perfect amount of red and purple to make the perfect wine color.

To the right is a photo of the lipstick. You can tell that I've used it a couple of times. I couldn't wait to take pictures of it until I tried it out for the first time!

This color lasts a long time and doesn't feather out into the skin around your lips. It didn't stain my teeth. This color can be easily turned into a matte lip color if you blot it with a tissue, apply a layer of lipstick, blot again, and apply the last layer of lipstick.

If you aren't super daring but are still trying to work your way into darker lip colors, this lip color can be a little less dramatic if you only apply one coat. As you add more layers, the color gets more dramatic.

I love this line of lipstick and I find them to be extremely moisturizing. This is very good for the winter, because your lips tend to be a little bit drier and lipstick usually dries them out even more.

Below, I'm going to post some pictures of the lipstick on in different lighting so that you can see how well it compliments pale skin without looking too washed out. I can tell that this is going to be one of my new staples and one of my most worn lip colors this fall and winter season.





The picture above is the most true to color photo. It shows how it's more purple-based than red, but it's still a wine color and not a true purple.

Comment below and let me know your favorite vampy lip color for fall!