Saturday, November 17, 2012

What Would I Buy First If I Lost All of My Makeup?

I've seen this tag done among the beauty community on youtube, and I really like the concept, so I'm going to tell you what I would buy first if my makeup collection happened to disappear. I'm going to break it down by category and I'm going to try to give the price range and a small review of each product. I'm going to go in order of how I apply my makeup.

Face Primer- Makeup Forever HD Microperfecting Primer. $34. I love how smooth this primer feels on my face, and I use the Makeup Forever HD Foundation, so I notice that these go very well together. 

Foundation- Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation. $42. I love how flawless this foundation looks when applied with the Beautyblender sponge. It looks just like skin and lasts for a while.

Concealer- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - Not available in the US. If I was able to get my hands on this concealer, I would definitely choose this. It works so well for my under eye area and on any problem areas. It's very luminous and doesn't make any blemishes look dry.

Eye Primer - MAC Painterly Paint Pot. $18.50. This paint pot is specific to my skin tone, so you would want to choose one that's similar to your skin tone. This has a tint to it, so it evens out any redness, or veins that show in your eye area, which is why I'm fond of it. My shadows never crease when I use it.

Eye Shadow- Original Naked Palette by Urban Decay. $50. I love how this palette can be used for a daily, subtle look, or a smokey, dramatic look for night time. The bronze undertones also work very well with my skin.

Eye Liner- Buxom Insider Eyeliner. $14. I love this eyeliner because it's amazing on the waterline, but it also works fantastic on the upper lash line. It's very long wearing  and there's a varitey of colors to choose from.

Bronzer - New York Color (NYC) Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder. $2.99. I love this bronzer because it's matte, so it has no shimmer and I don't particularly like bronzers with shimmer. I also love how inexpensive it is for the quality. It doesn't come off orange on the skin either, which is a plus for fair skin. It would probably work for fair to medium skin tones, not so much medium-dark to dark skin tones.

Blush - Mary Kay Shy Blush. $10. This blush is exactly the same as the very popular, NARS Orgasm blush. So I would definitely opt for the cheaper version that does the exact same thing. It gives your skin a glowy, flushed look and it adds a hint of shimmer, so no highlight is needed.

Mascara - Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Waterproof Mascara. $7.77. This mascara is amazing for length, curl and volume. It's extremely comparable to the Makeup Forever Smoky Eyes Mascara, but better because it's more dramatic and it lasts longer. This is extremely black and very long wearing.


Feel free to comment and let me know what you would choose! I would love to hear your absolute favorites!