Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Reindeer Nails

To add to my Christmas Tree Tutorial in my holiday nail series, today I did reindeer nails and they are so cute that I decided to share them with all of you too! They're pretty easy. All you need is:
  1. A nude colored nail polish (I'm using OPI's Sweet Heart)
  2. A light-to-medium brown (I'm using Spoiled's Pumping Gas)
  3. A dark brown (I'm using Milani's Dark Coffee)
  4. A white (I'm using Sally Hansen's White On)
  5. A black (I'm using Sephora by OPI's What's a Tire Jack?)
  6. A red (I'm using Ciate's Enchanted Rose).
  7. Nail dotters. These can be purchased off of Amazon for about $3. (The end of a bobby pin works good for this too)
First, paint your nails with a base coat. I used Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength.
Next, paint your nails with the nude colored polish.
After that, using a nail dotter, paint the outline of the reindeer's head and ears with the light-to-medium brown polish. Fill in the rest of the head with the brush in the polish. This evens out any of the lines that the nail dotter may have created.
 After that, using the dark brown polish and a nail dotter, paint the antlers on.
After the antlers are on, using the white polish and a nail dotter, place two white dots on the reindeer's head to make the whites of his eyes.
Next, using the black polish and a nail dotter smaller than the one you used for the white, put the black dots in the center of the white dots to make his pupils.
Finally, using the red polish and a nail dotter, make the red nose, apply your top coat, and you're done!