Sunday, December 30, 2012

L'oreal Color Caresse Shine Stains Swatches and Review

Yesterday I posted about drugstore spring 2013 collections. I said that I haven't seen the new L'oreal stains that are supposed to be similar to the YSL Glossy Stains, but, I HAD to have them, so I went hunting for them. I found them at one of the bigger Rite-Aids in my town. I personally haven't splurged on a glossy stain yet because I was interested in one of the more neutral colors, because I rarely wear statement lip colors. YSL and L'oreal are owned by the same company, so I thought I would try the less expensive version before I spent $34 on something that I didn't love.

I wanted to try some of the hot pink colors, but when I opened the product and swatched it on my hand, the colors definitely weren't going to work with my skin tone. I did like the burgundy/oxblood color, but I already have a lipstick the same exact color from Covergirl. I wasn't 100% sold on the darker colors, but I'll have to take another look. For now, I got two neutral colors.

The first color that I was attracted to was Lilac Ever After. It looks like it has a purple tint in the tube, but it didn't come off in the swatch or on my lips. This color has some glitters in it, which you can see below. I was a little disappointed because this is almost the exact same color as my actual lip color. It just adds a little bit of shine.









The second color that I decided to pick up was Pink Resistance. This color is a little more of a coral than what comes off in the tube.











Overall these are extremely comfortable to wear and they definitely stain your lips. I could only get these of with a makeup remover wipe. I also had to do each lip color on different days because the one that I did first lasted long enough to change the color of the second one. If you put your lips on something, the color doesn't come off, but the shine does. They're not drying at all.  I didn't have a chance to test the wear of the product but I can tell that they aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I definitely recommend checking these out, although I would go for the more vibrant and daring colors rather than the neutral colors. I think I'll go back and take another look at the colors and hopefully purchase some more!