Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Beauty Favorites!

I wanted to take a break from posting my youtube videos on here (subscribe here!) so instead of making a 2012 favorites video, I'm going to do a 2012 favorites blog post. I'm going to cover everything from makeup, to skincare, to nails, and hair care as well!

I'm going to get started with makeup! (Because it's the most fun, duh). I'm going to do it in the order that I get ready so that I don't forget anything. I'm also going to link everything to somewhere that you can buy it, so that you can see what it looks like, what the price is, and also see other's reviews.
  • Favorite Foundation Primer?
    • I just use samples of primers that I get, but last year's favorite was Smashbox Photofinish Light.
    • It was very light weight and kept my makeup on through extremely hot days.
  • Favorite Foundation?
  • Favorite Eye Primer?
    • I'll have to say Urban Decay Primer Potion for this, because I absolutely hated MAC Paint Pots for the majority of the year.
    • I love how long UDPP keeps your eyeshadows on and I typically use UD's eyeshadows, and the two go very nicely together.
  • Favorite Eyeshadow?
    • Definitely Urban Decay Eyeshadows are my overall favorite, and not just of 2012, of all time.
    • They're extremely creamy and blendable. They last forever and don't fade or smudge if you prime your eyelids first. 
  • Favorite Eyeliner?
    • Hands down Buxom Insider Eyeliner, specifically in the color Chocolate Citrine.
    • It's dark enough to go with a night time look, but not as dramatic as a black eyeliner in the day time. It's literally the perfect color for an eyeliner.
  • Favorite Mascara?
    • Hands down the Maybelline Colossal Volume.
    • This is amazing for my wimpy lashes. It adds lots of length and volume. It's extremely comparable to the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara, which is also amazing. But because the Maybelline mascara is cheaper, I choose Maybelline over MUFE.
  • Favorite Bronzer?
    • Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Bronzer.
    • I love how this compliments my fair skin without making it look orange. It has a subtle shimmer which adds a nice glow to the cheeks. It's very good for contouring and for an overall bronze.
  • Favorite Blush?
    • Mary Kay Shy Blush.
    • This is literally the exact same as NARS Orgasm blush, (I have both) but at a fraction of the price. It compliments every look and every skintone while adding an amazing glow to the skin. It's the best blush shade ever.
  • Favorite Cheek Highlighter?
    • MAC Mineralized Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle
    • This adds a subtle glow to the skin, but can also be built up to a more dramatic shimmer to the cheekbones. It's a perfect color to compliment light-to-medium skintones.
  •  Favorite Setting Spray?
    • Urban Decay by Skindinavia All Nighter
    • This actually does something to hold my makeup in place, unlike MAC Fix+ which just feels like spraying water on your face. With setting spray and primer, your makeup is going to last forever!
  • Favorite Lipstick?
    • YSL Rouge Volupte #1 - Nude Beige
    • This goes with every single look that you can do. YSL lipsticks are extremely moisturizing, so they're great when you're wearing them for a long time. They're extremely pigmented and a little goes a long way with these!
  • Favorite Lipgloss?
    • Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish - Katie
    • This light, pale pink compliments every nude toned lipstick that I have. I also have very small lips, so I like that it's a lip plumper as well. This is definitely my most loved lipgloss of all time.
  • Favorite Brow Product?
  • Favorite False Eyelashes?
    • ELF Natural Lashes in Black
    • These are only $1 and they're the most natural and comfortable false lashes that I've ever worn. I keep trying other brands, but none of them have compared to this set of false lashes. I always have a couple pairs stocked up in my collection.
  • Favorite Eyelash Curler?
    • Tarte
    • You can get SUPER close to your lashline without pinching yourself, which I absolutely love about this curler.


For the sake of keeping this blog post relatively short, I'm going to do hair, nails, and skincare in another post. Let me know what your favorite products of 2012 were! I'm very interested in trying new things!