Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Beauty Products That Didn't Work For Me

To go along with the 2012 Makeup, Skincare, Hair, and Nail Polish favorites, I decided to do a products that I didn't like post as well. I'm going to talk about why I didn't like the product so that you can decide whether or not it might be a good product for you to try. I typically research before I buy products, so I don't have a lot of items. Especially with high end products.

This is in no particular order, I'm just going to try to remember what I've used.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.
  • I have pretty dry skin and I found that this foundation stuck to the dry spots on my face like my chin and the sides of my nose. I also found that this really stuck to the teeny hairs on my face (not a mustache or anything, just like the tiny tiny hairs that are all over your body) and made them a lot more noticeable. It just was not flattering on my skin type.
Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation.
  • This foundation is just way too thick and wet. I find that it never actually sets on my face. Even when I set it with powder. So if you touch your face, you're literally going to have a hand print on your face. It's just not practical if you touch your face. The finish was ok. It wasn't super flattering but it wasn't terrible either. 
 Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner
  • This eyeliner is just way too wet. You have to wait at least 5 minutes for it to set or the back of your eyelash curler will take it all off. Because it's so wet, it doesn't apply product evenly. It just moves around whatever happens to actually go on your eye. It also hurts A LOT if you get it in your eye. And for being a product that goes right next to your eye, you're going to get it in your eye occasionally.
 Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes
  • These replaced the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Blushes (or something like that, I can't remember the exact name) and those were AMAZING. These blushes are so sheer that they don't really do anything, especially the light colors. They're really pretty in the packaging, but that color doesn't transfer to your cheeks. They're also really hard to get product out of the packaging because they're such a weird formula.
 Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream (as blush)
  • I do love these for eyeshadow colors. As blushes, I just don't think they're blendable enough. I actually think that they got rid of the blush colors because they aren't on Sephora's website. I just think that Make Up For Ever has a lot better cream blush and this was just a dud.
 Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner and Tightline Activator
  • I love the Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner, but I feel that the tightline one was a little bit of overkill. I still had to set it with a powder because it ran. I use the regular cake eyeliner on my tightline and it works just as well when I set it. I also think that the Fluid Activator is just a waste. It's so expensive for a weird gel thing when it doesn't even prevent the product from smudging. I just use Fix+ now for my regular cake eyeliner and it does the same thing.
 MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow
  • This eyeshadow gets a lot of hype so I thought that I would try it. I have the Mary Kay eyeshadow in Granite which is a lot cheaper. I found that Satin Taupe was too red for my fair skin tone and wasn't flattering on me. I like Granite a lot better because it's more of a grey taupe and it's not red and unflattering like Satin Taupe was on me. The redness brought out how bloodshot my eyes were and it was just not working for my skin tone.

Got2Be Guardian Angel Heat Protecting Spray.
  •  I tried this one and the one for blow drying. They were OK as a heat protectant but they made my hair really sticky and tangly. They just gave my hair an awful texture. I also don't really like the smell because it's kind of grandma-y.

So that's all I can remember for the products that didn't work for me for 2012! Let me know what didn't work for you!