Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Skincare Favorites!

2012 was a very big year for me in terms of skincare. I've always had awful skin until I discovered the products that I use today. Everything that I use now was discovered by me in 2012. So I'm going to stop blabbing and get to my favorites!

My number one skincare favorite of 2012 is my Clarisonic Mia 2.
  • I decided to splurge on this because I tried Proactiv before and it didn't work for me. I also didn't want to be put on any acne medications because a lot of those have serious side effects. The clarisonic really cleans my skin and gets all the dirt out. I use this twice a day, every day, and I noticed an extreme difference in my skin. Even my friends, who didn't know that I purchased this, were commenting on how great my skin looked.
My second favorite skincare product is the Cetaphil Cleanser.
  • This cleanser works great with the clarisonic. It lathers better with the clarisonic than with your hands, so it feels like you're getting a cleaner face. When I use this, I notice that my face is a lot less red than before I used it. I use this every day and night. I don't use any other cleansers. I love how much more clear my skin is and also how much less red it is. I don't see myself moving away from this cleanser any time soon.
My third favorite skincare product is the Garnier anti dark circle rollerball with the tint.
  • I am obsessed with this product. It's holy grail material for me. I use this every single day after I apply moisturizer. I only use this in the morning. It covers enough for me to only use this as my under eye concealer. It's amazing and it gives extremely natural coverage. I've been using this for about two years and I think I'm finally about to run out of my first tube, so it lasts a long time.
 Another skincare favorite is the Clinique all about eyes and the CVS brand dark circle rollerball eye creams.
  • I have really bad dark circles, and I find that these two products are amazing as night eye creams. I used the Clinique for about half the year until I ran out and just never repurchased. After a while, I decided that I needed to find a night time eye cream, so I picked up the CVS one. At first I didn't notice a difference, but now I can definitely tell that my dark circles aren't as noticeable. These eye creams also help with puffiness around the eyes, which I used to have A LOT of puffiness around my eyes. I think I prefer the Clinique better, just because I don't love the rollerball concept. I also think it works a little bit better.

I don't have a standout favorite moisturizer yet because I've used so many different ones this year. I'll probably do a skincare video on my youtube channel, so watch out for that if you're interested in that!