Thursday, January 10, 2013

How to Easily Remove Glitter Nail Polish

Let's be honest, removing glitter nail polish is a pain. I always get tweets about how removing glitter nail polish is annoying. So I thought that I'd do a video to show you just how easy it can actually be. You don't even need to do that weird thing with the pieces of foil. All you need is 100% acetone (found at drugstores) and cotton pads (also found at drugstores).

I don't hesitate to paint my nails with glitter anymore because I know that if I use this method, it won't be annoying to remove.

The glitter that I'm removing is China Glaze - It's A Trap-eze. It's extremely chunky glitter, as you can see below.

China Glaze It's A Trap-eze
As you can tell, this looks like it would take forever to take off. Using the process in the video, it only took me about 5 minutes for both hands.

I have pretty dry and flakey nails and I find that this doesn't make them worse. So as far as I can tell, it's not harming your nails.