Thursday, January 3, 2013

L'oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24 Hour Black Smoke Mascara Review

With all of the new drugstore collections coming out lately, this product seems to have fallen through the cracks of the most hyped products. I picked this up at one of the larger Rite Aids in my area. This product claims to have a "smoky matte effect". Personally, I never noticed that mascaras didn't have a matte finish, but maybe I just never looked close enough. It also says that it has "collagen spheres + semi arched brush". The brush on the packaging is definitely a lot more arched than the actual brush in the tube. This is a plus for me because I hate curved mascara wands.

L'oreal Power Volume 24H Black Smoke Mascara Packaging
L'oreal Power Volume 24H Black Smoke Mascara Tube

This mascara has a natural (as apposed to rubber) wand, which I personally prefer. The mascara claims to provide "24 hour volume, no flakes, smudges or clumps." It also claims that the "semi-arched brush catches all lashes for fuller looking and dramatically bold volume."

Personally, I think that the mascara definitely provides amazing volume. If you have long eyelashes and you're looking for volume, this is definitely a mascara to check out. It doesn't really do a lot in terms of lengthening.

I'm not going to comment on the 24 hour wear part because personally, all mascaras smudge on me, even the Covergirl 24 hour mascara. So it would be unfair to claim that this mascara smudges, because every single mascara that I use smudges. It's definitely a problem with my skin or something. I also have extremely long bottom eyelashes so that could have something to do with it.

This mascara is definitely going to be one of my most reached for mascaras, I just wish it had a little bit more length to it. But it doesn't claim to lengthen, so I'm not taking points off for it.


Bottom left: L'oreal Power Volume 24 H. Bottom right, Maybelline Colossal Volume original. Top right, Maybelline Colossal Volume Cat Eyes. Top Left, Buxom Lash mascara.

Bottom left, Buxom lash mascara. Bottom middle, L'oreal Power Volume 24H Mascara. Bottom right, Maybelline Colossal Volume original. Top Middle, Maybelline Colossal Volume Cat Eyes.


L'oreal Power Volume 24H Mascara Wand


Covergirl 24 hour mascara wand.
I do find that the covergirl 24 hour mascara is a little bit more lengthening, but it really lacks in the volume section. It also as a rubber bristle brush.

Between the two of these, you could probably get the perfect lash look!