Sunday, February 3, 2013

Battle of the Black Eyeliners

If you're like me, when you want a black eyeliner, you want it to be jet black. Not grey-black or brown-black. Those are good colors, but when you want a black eyeliner, you want a true black eyeliner, you know?

In this post, I'm going to compare all of the black eyeliners that I own. I have seven black eyeliners, 5 pencil and 2 liquid. I left out my gel eyeliners for some reason that I'm not completely sure of? Maybe I just forgot, but I can swatch them if you want!

I did two swipes of each eyeliner to get a good amount of color built up.


From left to right, the eyeliners are: Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx, Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero, Sephora retractable eyeliner in Glitter Black, Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L, Buxom Insider Eyeliner in Black Jasper, Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in black, and Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion.

I would say that the darkest pencil eyeliner is the Sephora Retractable Eyeliner in Glitter Black. If you don't like the glitter, the Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx is a very close second.

The darkest black liquid eyeliner is Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion, but it leaves a shinier finish than the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner does. So it's whatever your preference.

As you can see, the Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero and the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L lean a little more to the brown side rather than a true black.

The Buxom insider eyeliner in Black Jasper leans a little towards the grey side.

Overall, my favorite black eyeliner is the Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx. This is great for the waterline because it lasts a LONG time. It's very long wearing. I always cry when I laugh and this stays in place pretty well. If I set it with a black eyeliner, it stays FOREVER. Literally. I have never seen it run/transfer when it's set. It's amazing.