Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara Review/First Impressions

I've only used this mascara three times so this is more of a first impressions post. But I've tried a lot of other Maybelline mascaras and mascaras from other brands so I have a pretty good idea of what I think about this mascara. I have the regular, or non-waterproof version.

I personally don't think that this mascara is as wet as other Maybelline mascaras are when you first open them. It's still a wet formula, but it's a little easier to work with than other Maybelline mascaras are. I actually really love this wand because it really allows your lashes to separate. Even though this mascara is volumizing, your lashes don't clump and they stay separated, but add volume to each lash. It also adds a decent amount of length, which just adds to the amazing-ness of this mascara.

I really love this mascara and I'll have to keep using it, but I think it might be some competition for my holy grail mascara, the Maybelline Colossal mascara. From my first impressions, The Rocket is a little more volumizing than the Colossal is and adds the same amount of length.

The Rocket Brush Before Mascara

The Rocket Tube

Two Coats


This doesn't seem like a big deal on my eyelashes, but I have extremely thin and short eyelashes, so this looks pretty amazing for my eyelashes.

I'm definitely going to enjoy this mascara but I'll keep you updated on whether this becomes my new favorite or not!