Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day Nail Tutorial

Hey everyone! I wish I could film this for you but I left my tripod at home! You can still get the general idea though with this step-by-step!

Step 1: Paint your nails with a base color. You can use whatever color you want! I just really love black nails so I decided to go with black. You could use pink or white for a more festive color!

Step 2: Use a nail dotter (or flatten the point of a toothpick) and make two dots right next to each other on your nail. These dots should barely touch in the center. Mine got really goopy and messy when I did this so that's why I only have a picture of one dot! Sorry! If you mess up, you can clean it up later with your base color.

 Step3: After your two dots are applied, use the excess polish that are in the dots and pull down the color at a diagonal to form the point of the bottom of the heart. Do this on both sides. The tops of the dots that you just applied will be the top of the heart, as you can see below.

 Step 4: Get a glitter polish. This is the Sinful Colors polish in the color Pinky Glitter. It has holographic glitters which looks amazing against black polish. Paint the rest of your nails that don't have the heart on it with this glitter. You can do this however you want. I just painted my nail starting at the cuticle and stopping half way up the nail (you'll be able to see this in pictures later)

Step 5: With your base color, use a really small dotting tool (or the pointy end of a toothpick) and clean up the edges around your heart so that it looks neater.

Finish with a top coat and you're done! This is how mine turned out! It's so cute!