Monday, March 18, 2013

L'oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain - Pink Rebellion Swatches

This product in general has a pretty sheer color payoff. The lighter, more nude shades don't do a whole lot for me. The color of my lips doesn't change a whole lot from before I had the product on, to after. So I decided to pick up one of the more vibrant shades to see how the payoff was for that.

I picked up Pink Rebellion because in the packaging, it looked like a hot pink with a little bit of pastel in it. I love hot pink lips, so I decided to try it out.

Here is a comparison of what the color looks like in the packaging and what it looks like on my lips:


As you can see, the color is a little darker and less pastel looking than it is in the tube. The color of your natural lips really affects how these show up on your lips because they are so sheer. Even if you put concealer over your lips, this still shows up a little bit darker than it does in the tube. As you keep building this color up, it only gets darker.

If you don't mind the color showing up slightly darker than it looks in the tube, these are excellent products. The stain part of them really is a stain. If you drink or eat, the only part that goes away is the shine. The color stays completely fine. If you like the shine, you'll need to reapply.

Overall, I really like these products, I would purchase more, but the rest of the colors don't really appeal to me a lot, so I think I'll stick to the three that I have.