Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update: Project Pan (Products I'm Trying to Use Up)

If you've been following my blog for a couple of months, you might remember this post: Makeup Products That I'm Almost Finished With. It was a post that showed all the products that I want to use up before I started buying new products. In this post, I'm just going to update you on what products I've finished and what products I still have left.

P.S. I did cheat a little bit and buy new products. My goal is to stop going overboard and to buy things that I know I'll use. I only did that, so I'm not really worried about it.

The first product on my list was the Laura Geller Balance-N-Brighten Powder in the color Fair. I completely used this product up in January and it was in my Product Empties video that I will link at the bottom of this post. I really liked this product for setting my under eye concealer. I have dry skin, so I don't typically set  my foundation with a powder so I'm not sure how it performed in that aspect. If I could find another small size of the product like I had here, I would repurchase it. The full size is huge and highly impractical for a product that's going to set your under eye area.

The next product was the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I was extremely close to finishing this product and then I dropped it and it shattered. I tried to re-press it with a modified version of a technique that I saw on pinterest, the blog post going through that process is linked here. I ended up with a chalky mess, so I deemed this product finished. Like I mentioned above, I don't really set my foundation with powders, so I think I'm going to use up some samples of loose powders that I have before I go buy a setting powder. I wasn't overly thrilled with this powder so I don't know if I will go for this one again, or buy a new one.

The third product in my products to use up was the Urban Decay Primer Potion in the Original shade. I've had this particular tube for about 3 or 4 years. I depotted it using the microwave technique, which you can google if you're interested, and that's why it lasted so long. I had about a year's worth of product from what I depotted when the bottle seemed empty. I would definitely repurchase this product again. I just opened a brand new Laura Mercier Eye Basics eye primer, so I won't be repurchasing until that's empty.

Next is the Revlon Photoready concealer. I haven't really used this since I posted the original project pan post because it's too dark to use as concealer and it's still too light to contour with. I'll go through this pretty quickly once I start to tan because it's the only concealer that I have in a shade that matches me when I'm tan. I really enjoy this concealer. If I had a little bit more problem areas on my face, I would purchase this in  a lighter shade, as it's a heavier concealer. It's also good for the under eyes, so in the summer I use it as my all purpose concealer. In the winter, I feel like my skin needs brightening, so I like to use a highlighting concealer in the winter months. I'll definitely keep repurchasing this as my all purpose summer concealer though.

The next product is the MAC Dazzleglass in the color Bare Necessity. I've used a pretty good amount of this since I first posted about the project pan. I still have about 15-20% left of the product, so I'm going to keep using this until it runs out. When it is empty, I will definitely be repurchasing this because I love the color, the glitter, and the smell. I don't really mind the consistency of MAC lipglosses, even though a lot of people complain about them being sticky.

Next is the Maybelline Mastershape Brow Pencil. Since the original post, I've used up the product so that it's  sharpened down right to where the word master ends. It's starting to get a little too small to fit into a pencil sharpener, so I think I have about 3 or 4 more sharpens left before it gets too small. I really enjoy this product. I like the waxy consistency that it has because it's more of a multipurpose product that way. It doubles as a gel and a brow color in one. I also like it because it's very natural looking. I think I'll keep the little spooly on the end after it's finished to use with other products. After this is finished, I'm going to start using up my Benefit Brow Zings. I don't enjoy the Benefit as much as the Maybelline, so after I'm finished with the Benefit, I'll probably go back to the Maybelline Mastershape.

Next is the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. I used to really love this concealer, but now that I don't have acne and my under eye circles are under control, I find this is a little too much coverage for me. I haven't been reaching for this product very much at all lately. I barely touched it from the time of the original post. I might try to use it as a brightening concealer when I get a little bit more of a tan and try to sheer it out with moisturizer because I don't want to throw it away and I don't want it sitting around forever. Once this is finished, I won't go out of my way to hunt this product down because I'm in the USA and don't have easy access to it since it's a UK brand. It was fun to try though!

The final product is the Maybelline Masterprecise Liquid Eyeliner. I honestly don't know how I feel about this product because I had such a love-hate relationship with it. I like how it is in pen form, instead of the inkwell type liquid eyeliners. But I don't like the tip of the pen. I found that the very tip was too flimsy and none of the liquid went into the tip. This made it very difficult to do winged eyeliner. Currently I'm using the Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner and I much prefer the Maybelline to that. The Urban Decay is the ink well type. I'm finding lately that I don't really enjoy liquid eyeliner in general and I think I'm going to stick to Gel for a while.

Here's my product empties video that will tell you about other products that I used up and more about these products!