Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How I Wore Maybelline Color Tattoo - Blue Paradise + First Impressions

When I bought the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Blue Paradise I was pretty skeptical about how often I would wear this color, but because I'm a makeup addict, I bought it anyway. So I forced myself to try it out and I am in love with this shadow. I love this color so much. When swatched, you can't really see the duochrome in this color but on the eyes, it's phenominal.



In this picture you can really see the more blue aspect to the color


This is a great picture for showing how the color can be blue and purple at the same time. It's blue towards my lashline and purple towards my crease.


This is a great picture to see the purple tint of the color


And in this picture you can see what lip color I paired with the eyeshadow. I wore the Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer in Luna.


First Impressions
I think this color tattoo is SO much prettier on the eyes than when it's swatched. A swatch does not do this color justice. Personally I think that this is a good color blue eyeshadow. It doesn't look like you're stuck in the '80s or like you're a little girl playing with makeup. When you do this color right, it looks amazing. I also think this is a great color to put all over the lid and blend into the crease because the duochrome will make the crease and lid colors look like different colors. I wore a primer with this color tattoo but didn't set it with a shadow and saw a tiny bit of creasing around the 9 hour mark but it wasn't bad enough that I felt like I needed a touch up or needed to take it off. I think this is a great color for people who want to start getting away from neutral eyeshadows and mix it up a bit. I will get SO much use out of this color.