Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Spotted: Rimmel Apocalips (Show Off Lip Laquers) + First Impressions

In the UK these are called Apocalips and ever since we've heard of these I think all the beauty enthusiasts in the states have been wondering when we get these. I saw these at Walgreens and they're called Show Off Lip Laquers here in the states. We have four more shades than the UK Apocalips. I picked up one shade, a nude-coral shade called Luna. The display says exclusively at Walgreens so I would assume that they won't be sold in any other places any time soon. so
My first impressions: these are amazingly pigmented. I reccommend applying a little on your lips and instead of spreading it around with the applicator, use your fingers to get a more even coverage. They aren't moisturizing but they aren't drying either. I ended up feeling like my lips were a little too dry so I applied a corresponding shade of a Revlon lip butter. When I wore the shade I bought I did have a different lip color on before that I rubbed off so that might have had something to do with the dryness. They also have an interesting smell to them. It smells really fake fruity. I personally don't enjoy the smell but it doesn't stay around for long. I'll be sure to keep you updated once I try it more! I'm not one for bold lip colors so I might pick up a red or a dark wine color in the fall but if there were more nudes I would probably pick some up!
Below are pictures of the display and available colors along with what the color Luna that I bought looks like on my lips and swatched!


A semi sheer application of Luna on my lips.




The display at Walgreens.