Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chanel ILLUSION D'OMBRE LONG WEAR LUMINOUS EYESHADOW - Apparence

This is a limited edition shade of the Illusion D'Ombre shadows. I picked this up at my Chanel counter but it can also be purchased online here. If you were looking at the shades but weren't pleased with how pink the nude shade is, I would definitely recommend checking this shade out. It's a yellow toned light gold with some glitter that's perfect for every day use. The Illusion D'Ombre shadows are $36 each so you have to really love the shade to spend $36 on an eyeshadow. I've been really interested in these, so I decided to pick this one up because I loved the color. This is described as a cream eyeshadow but it feels like a cream to powder shadow. It's not powdery enough that you couldn't wear a powder eyeshadow over the top, so it's very functional. I'm in love with this and I know I'll get use out if it year round. I wouldn't recommend storing these upside down like you would with a normal cream eyeshadow because the product isn't stuck to the sides or bottom of the jar.






On top, Maybelline Barely Branded Color Tattoo. Middle, Chanel Apparence. Bottom, Mary Kay Cream Eyeshadow in Beach Blonde. Side, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil in Midnight Cowboy.
As you can see, it doesn't compare to a lot of cream shadows that are more easily accessible.

The Chanel shadow has 0.14 oz of product while the Maybelline Color Tattoos also have 0.14 oz, the Mary Kay Cream Eye Color has 0.15 oz, Mac Paint Pots have 0.17 oz, and Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams have 0.21 oz.